A. Eligibility

B. Deadline and Application Procedures

C. Project Structure

D. Procedure and Evaluation

E. Specification

F. Categories

1. Documentary  |  2. Short Feature  |  3. Animation

A. Eligibility

1. Individual

· Applicant shall be both a Macao S.A.R. resident and the director of the submitted proposal.

· A maximum of TWO directors are eligible for each proposal, although only ONE shall take the post as applicant.

· Applicant shall not change the post or quit throughout the production, or the production will be regarded as dropped out from the project.

· At least half of the main creative members in the production team (namely director, producer, scriptwriter and cinematographer) must be local residents.

2. Organization

· Application made under the name of an organization should be registered in Macao S.A.R. as non-profit entity.

· Should there be any changes on the applicant’s status, the application will be excluded from the project.

[Top]

B. Deadline and Application Procedures

1. Applicants shall fill the application form provided by the organizer.

2. Submission deadline: January 22, 2018 6:00pm (by postmark if delivered by post).

3. The envelope shall be identified with ‘Local View Power 2017-2018 – Application Form’.

4. Application may be submitted:

· In person: at the Macao Cultural Centre’s reception until January 22, 2018 at 6:00pm;

· By courier: applicants can send the application form and materials by registered mail to “Macao Cultural Centre, Programming and Marketing, Av. Xian Xing Hai s/n NAPE-Macao”, with postmark on or before January 22, 2018.

[Top]

 

C. Project Structure

Phase 1: Open call for Film Production Proposals

Interested parties should fill the application form and submit it to the Macao Cultural Centre’s reception until January 22, 2018.

The Organizer will invite professionals to evaluate the submitted works focusing on theme creativity and on the originality and feasibility of contents.

Phase 2: Detailed Production Plan & Budget Submission

Selected teams will have to submit a detailed production plan (including a shooting script) together with the budget plan until March 26, 2018. The jury will interview each team and select the proposals suitable for the 3rd phase based on the plan’s creativity, content originality, method of expressing the theme and production’s feasibility.

Phase 3: Production of the Selected Proposals

1. The Organizer will financially support all or part of the production costs for proposals selected to the 3rd phase, under the following conditions:

a. Upon the entry on the 3rd phrase, each production will be financially supported with an amount covering 80% of the maximum production cost as stated in Clause F hereunder. The participants have to submit all related promotional materials until August 27, 2018 and the final production by October 29, 2018. Upon the complete and on-time submission, the remaining (20% of the maximum amount) will be processed;

b. Participants who fail to submit works within the stated dates but before final deadline on November 5, 2018 will not be granted the remaining 20% of the maximum amount;

c. Those who fail to submit the complete films by the final deadline on November 5, 2018 shall reimburse all the financial support provided by the organizer .

2. Mentorship Scheme”: The Organizer will invite professional film producers to provide mentorship to the participants, which is compulsory to “Open” and “Freshmen” levels and recommended for “Advanced” level.

Premiere

The Organizer will premiere the film.

[Top]

 

D. Procedures and Evaluation

1st Phase: Call for Film Production Proposal

22 January 2018

Proposals submission deadline

 

Juries evaluate and select the proposals to the 2nd phase, focusing on theme creativity and on the originality and feasibility of contents

February 2018

Selected teams will be announced at CCM website and participants will be notified by telephone

2nd Phase: Detailed Production Plan and Budget Submission

Feb—Mar2018

According to stated theme*, the selected teams shall put forward a detailed production plan (including a shooting script in detail) together with a budget plan

26 March 2018

Detailed Production plan and budget submission deadline

April 2018

Juries composed by professional filmmakers will interview each team and select the proposals to enter the 3rd phase based on the plan’s creativity, content originality, method of expressing the theme and production’s feasibility

May 2018

Selected teams will be announced at the CCM website and participants notified by telephone

3rd Phase: Production of the Selected Proposals

May—Oct 2018

Selected teams will complete the production according to selected theme and length

May 2018

Mentorship Scheme” 1st meeting (Compulsory to “Open” and “Freshmen” levels and recommended for “Advanced” level) : a professional film producer will meet the selected teams individually, coaching in accordance to each production proposal

27 August 2018

Film’s promotional materials submission deadline (teasers, photos and text in Chinese and English/ Portuguese)

August 2018

Mentorship Scheme” 2nd meeting (Compulsory to “Open” and “Freshmen” levels and recommended for “Advanced” level) : a professional film producer will meet the selected teams individually. Each team should present a rough cut until end of August 2018

September 2018

Mentorship Scheme” 3rd meeting (Compulsory to “Open” and “Freshmen” levels and recommended for “Advanced” level) : a professional film producer will meet the selected teams individually. Teams should present a picture-lock version and the subtitles in text format until end of September 2018

29 October 2018

Submission of final film (with subtitles in Chinese and English)

5 November 2018

Final deadline** for the submission of final film (with subtitles in Chinese and English)

November 2018

Submission of production and financial report

Premiere

December 2018

Film premieres

*     A written application must be provided for consideration if the proposals’ content is modified. The organizer reserves the right to accept or decline the amended proposal.

** Participants who fail to submit the completed films by the final deadline on November 5, 2018, shall reimburse all the financial support provided by the organizer.

[Top]

 

E. Specification

1. All submitted proposals must be a new film project whose production has not been started and no sponsors or subsidies have been granted.

2. Those participating in the 1st and 2nd phases are responsible for all related costs, as well as all the resources and equipment required for producing such proposal.

3. Participants are responsible for all the production, promotional content and related equipment.

4. Films shall credit the “Cultural Affairs Bureau of Macao S.A.R. Government - Macao Cultural Centre” and “Local View Power 2017-2018” at film’s opening and ending credits as well as in all promotional materials. The credit format will be provided by the Organizer. The selected teams must insert the credit into the film according to the standard format provided by the Organizer .

5. The Organizer has the exclusive right over the premiere of the financed films.

6. Upon the premiere, the organizer and the film owners share the rights for the first year to screen the films, locally or internationally, without paying a fee to the films’ owners.

7. With the organizer’s consent, film owners can seek for other screening channels.

8. Once the shared screening rights expire, one year after the premiere, films’ owners possess exclusivity their film’s copyrights and may release the movie to any other media and territories after notifying and crediting the organizer in all promotional materials and the screening with: “Production commissioned by the Cultural Affairs Bureau of Macao S.A.R. Government - Macao Cultural Centre under the “Local View Power 2017-2018”, and shall contain IC and CCM’s logos as stated in Clause E4.

9. Participants can seek for sponsorship, with the organizer’s consent. The sponsorship’s name or logo can only be within the ending credit list. The sponsor cannot promote the film in any form on or before the premiere.

10. Participants must follow the organizer’s arrangements, and must complete the production and film’s screening according to organizer’s specification.

11. Participants must also attend the related activities before and after the screening.

12. In case of any discrepancy between the Chinese, Portuguese and English Terms and Conditions, the Chinese version shall prevail.

[Top]

 

F. Categories

 

1. Documentary

a) Level

Advanced

· Applicants must be aged 18 or above, involved in at least three video productions (of any category) as director. The duration of each work should be at least 30 minutes and must have been screened publicly.

· Film length of the final production must be at 40 – 50 minutes.

· A maximum quota of ONE is available for the final production phase.

Open

· Applicants must be aged 18 or above, involved in at least two productions (of any category) as a main creative members (namely Director / Script-writer / Cinematographer / Editor). The duration of each work should be at least of 15 minutes.

· Film length of the final production must be 40 - 50 minutes.

· A maximum quota of FOUR is available for the final production phase.

Freshmen

· Any person interested in documentary production and shall not be eligible for the two levels above.

· Film length of the final production must be 15 - 20 minutes.

· A maximum quota of FOUR is available for the final production phase.

 

b) Materials to submit for 1st phase

· Application form (available here) and copy of ID / copy of the organization’s statutes and amendments published in the Official Gazette

· Materials listed on the application form

 

c) Materials to submit for 2nd phase

· Detailed production plan (guidelines available here)

· Production schedule and budget (sample available here)

· List and resume of the main production team members

· Videos of previous works

 

d) Materials to submit during 3rd phase

· Promotional text, film stills in digital format, teaser (format available here)

· Final film production in DVD and in screening format

· Production and financial report

 

e) Maximum Subsidy

Advanced

· MOP 200,000 - Upon entry on 3rd phase, selected participants will be financially supported with 80% of the production cost of up to MOP 160,000. Upon the complete and on-time submission (as deadlines stated in Clause C1a), the remaining 20% of up to MOP 40,000 will be processed;

Open

· MOP 80,000 - Upon entry on 3rd phase, selected participants will be financially supported with 80% of the production cost of up to MOP 64,000. Upon the complete and on-time submission (as deadlines stated in Clause C1a), the remaining 20% of up to MOP 16,000 will be processed;

Freshmen

· MOP 20,000 - Upon entry on 3rd phase, selected participants will be financially supported with 80% of the production cost of up to MOP 16,000. Upon the complete and on-time submission (as deadlines stated in Clause C1a), the remaining 20% of up to MOP 4,000 will be processed.

[Top]

 

F. Categories

 

2. Short Feature

a) Level

Advanced

· Applicants must be aged 18 or above, involved in at least three feature productions as director. The duration of each work should be at least 10 minutes and must have been screened publicly.

· Film length of the final production must be 20 30 minutes.

· A maximum quota of ONE is available for the final production phase.

Open

· Applicants must be aged 18 or above, involved in at least two feature productions as director. The duration of each work should be at least 10 minutes.

· Film length of the final production must be 12 - 15 minutes.

· A maximum quota of ONE is available for the final production phase.

Freshmen

· Applicants must be involved in at least one video production (of any category and length) as main creative members (namely Director / Script-writer / Cinematographer / Editor) and shall not be eligible for the two levels above.

· Film length of the final production must be 5 - 10 minutes.

· A maximum quota of TWO is available for the final production phase.

 

b) Materials to submit for 1st phase

· Application form (available here) and copy of ID / copy of the organization’s statutes and amendments published in the Official Gazette

· Materials listed on the application form

 

c) Materials to submit for 2nd phase

· Detailed production plan (guidelines available here)

· Production schedule and budget (sample available here)

· List and resume of the main production team members

· Videos of previous works

 

d) Materials to submit during 3rd phase

· Promotional text, film stills in digital format, teaser (format available here)

· Completed film production in DVD and in screening format

· Production and financial report

 

e) Maximum Amount of Subsidy

Advanced

· MOP 270,000 - Upon the entry on 3rd phase, selected participants will be financially supported with 80% of the production cost of up to MOP 216,000. Upon the complete and on-time submission (as deadlines stated in Clause C1a), the remaining 20% of up to MOP 54,000 will be processed;

Open

· MOP 100,000 - Upon the entry on 3rd phase, selected participants will be financially supported with 80% of the production cost of up to MOP 80,000. Upon the complete and on-time submission (as deadlines stated in Clause C1a), the remaining 20% of up to MOP 20,000 will be processed;

Freshmen

· MOP 40,000 - Upon the entry on 3rd phase, selected participants will be financially supported with 80% of the production cost of up to MOP 32,000. Upon the complete and on-time submission (as deadlines stated in Clause C1a), the remaining 20% of up to MOP 8,000 will be processed.

[Top]

 

F. Categories

 

3. Animation

a) Level

Advanced

· Applicants must be aged 18 or above, involved in at least three animation productions as director. The duration of each work should be at least 3 minutes and must have been screened publicly.

· Film length of the final production must be 3 - 5 minutes.

· A maximum quota of ONE is available for the final production phase.

Open

· Applicants must be aged 18 or above, involved in at least two animation productions as director. The duration of each work should be at least 3 minutes.

· Film length of the final production must be 3 – 5 minutes.

· A maximum quota of ONE is available for the final production phase.

Freshmen

· Any person interested in animation production and shall not be eligible for the two levels above.

· Film length of the final production must be 1 - 3 minutes.

· A maximum quota of TWO is available for the final production phase.

 

b) Materials to submit for 1st phase

· Application form (available here) and copy of ID / of the organization’s statutes and amendments published in the Official Gazette

· Materials listed on the application form

 

c) Materials to submit for 2nd phase

· Detailed production plan (guidelines available here)

· Production schedule and budget (sample available here)

· List and resume of the main production team members

· Videos of previous works

 

d) Materials to submit during 3rd phase

· Promotional text, film stills in digital format, teaser (format available here)

· Completed film production in DVD and in screening format

· Production and financial report

 

e) Maximum Amount of Subsidy

Advanced

· MOP 30,000 - Upon the entry on 3rd phase, selected participants will be financially supported with 80% of the production cost of up to MOP 24,000. Upon the complete and on-time submission (as deadlines stated in Clause C1a), the remaining 20% of up to MOP 6,000 will be processed;

Open

· MOP 20,000 - Upon the entry on 3rd phase, selected participants will be financially supported with 80% of the production cost of up to MOP 16,000. Upon the complete and on-time submission (as deadlines stated in Clause C1a), the remaining 20% of up to MOP 4,000 will be processed;

Freshmen

· MOP 10,000 - Upon the entry on 3rd phase, selected participants will be financially supported with 80% of the production cost of up to MOP 8,000. Upon the complete and on-time submission (as deadlines stated in Clause C1a), the remaining 20% of up to MOP 2,000 will be processed.

[Top]