35th Macao International Music Festival - Long Yu and Shanghai Symphony Orchestra
1. Tickets for the programmes will be on sale simultaneously through the Macau Ticketing Network outlets, telephone and online booking from 10am on 3 September (Sunday);
2. On the first day of ticket sales, ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 10 tickets per performance per person.
Early Bird Discounts#
Enjoy a 30% discount on ticket purchases between 3 September and 10 September, and 20% discount when purchasing tickets on or after 11 September:
1. For at least 4 different performances;▲
2. When purchasing 10 or more tickets for the same performance;
3. For holders of valid full-time Student Card (holders of a local student card or Macao residents with an overseas student card);^
4. For holders of the Macao Teacher Card.^
Exclusive Discount for BOC Cardholders
Enjoy 30% discount on tickets for the grand opening show Opera in Two Acts by Gioachino Rossini The Barber of Seville by presenting a BOC Credit Card or BOC Card.
1. For CCM Friends, OM Friends, Friends of the Macao Chinese Orchestra and Friends of the Macao Museum of Art who purchase tickets between 3 September and 10 September;
2. For holders of BOC Credit Card or BOC Card who purchase tickets for the shows except the special programmes;
3. For holders of MasterCard, VISA or UnionPay card from ICBC (Macau), BNU, Luso International Banking Ltd., BCM Bank, Tai Fung Bank or OCBC Bank;
4. For Air Macau customers who purchase tickets at the Macau Ticketing Network outlets by presenting their boarding pass (flight code NX) within 7 days upon their arrival in Macao.
Enjoy 50% discount by presenting a Macao Senior Citizen Card or a Disability Assessment Registration Card.
# The offer is not applicable to ticket purchases for the Outreach Programme activities.
▲ This offer is only applicable to ticket purchases for MIMF programmes through the Macau Ticketing Network.
^ Each cardholder can only use one discounted ticket per performance. Cardholders are required to present the respective document for admission, otherwise the full ticket fares will be charged.
1. Customers who purchase tickets for the programmes over MOP500 (net price after discounts) are entitled to receive one discount voucher for the exhibition “Visiting the Ruins of St. Paul’s in Space and Time – Exhibition of Virtual Reality at the Ruins of St. Paul’s”* and one “Taste & Music” discount voucher for dining at Sands Resorts Macao;#
2. Customers who purchase tickets for the programmes over MOP1,000 (net price after discounts) are entitled to receive a “buy-1-get-1-free” voucher for Cotai Water Jet ferry tickets;◆
3. Buy more, get more! Vouchers are limited and subject to availability;
4. These offers are only applicable to ticket purchases for the MIMF programmes through the Macau Ticketing Network and subject to relevant terms and conditions;
5. In case of any dispute, the Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macao SAR Government and the entity providing these offers reserve the right of interpretation and final decision.
* Enjoy a “buy-1-get-1-free” offer upon ticket purchase for the exhibition “Visiting the Ruins of St. Paul’s in Space and Time – Exhibition of Virtual Reality at the Ruins of St. Paul’s” by presenting this voucher.
# Enjoy a 15% discount offer at the selected F&B outlets of Sands Resorts Macao by presenting this voucher; relevant terms and conditions apply (please refer to the “Taste & Music” dining voucher for details).
◆ Enjoy the Cotai Water Jet Buy 1 Get 1 Free Ferry Ticket Offer by presenting this voucher; relevant terms and conditions apply (please refer to the “buy-1-get-1-free” voucher for details).
Free transportation to Praça Ferreira Amaral, Avenida de Horta e Costa, Fai Chi Kei and Toi San will be available after every performance at the Macao Cultural Centre.
1. The organiser strongly urges audience members to arrive at the performance venues 10 minutes before the performance;
2. The organiser reserves the right to determine at what time and in what manner latecomers are admitted, and to reject the admission of latecomers or audience members who abandon the performance venue during the performance;
3. Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted to the programmes. The organiser reserves the right to request and to examine the valid ID to determine his or her age, and to deny admission to any persons when proof of minimum age cannot be provided;
4. All mobile phones, beeping and lighting devices should be switched off throughout the performances;
5. Smoking, eating, drinking or the possession of plastic bags and/or objects considered dangerous is prohibited in the performance venues;
6. To avoid undue disturbance to the performers and audience members, camera and recording devices are strictly prohibited unless expressly authorised by the organiser;
7. The tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the original price or used for any promotional or commercial purposes. In case of any violations, the tickets will be cancelled without any refund and the ticket holder will be denied admission;
8. The organiser reserves the right to change the programme, the cast of performers, the performing date or time and the seats at any time;
9. In case of inclement weather conditions, please check the Cultural Affairs Bureau’s website, the Macao International Music Festival website and the respective page on Facebook for the latest updates;
10. The Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macao SAR Government reserves the right of interpretation and final decision of any disputes on these terms.
71-B, Av. do Conselheiro Ferreira de Almeida, G/F
108, Rua de Francisco Xavier Pereira, Palácio Bldg, G/F (Next to Café de Coral)
176-186, Av. Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, D. Julieta Bldg, G/F
267, Av. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen, Lei Man Bldg, G/F F, Taipa
Macao Cultural Centre, Av. Xian Xing Hai, G/F
Ticketing Hotlines and Websites
Macao: (853) 2855 5555
Hong Kong: (852) 2380 5083
Mainland China: (86) 139 269 11111
Online Ticketing: www.macauticket.com
Telephone: (853) 8399 6699 (during office hours)
“[Long Yu is] the most powerful figure in China’s classical music scene.” – The New York Times
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Overture to The Tsar’s Bride
- Rachmaninoff: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, op. 43
- A. Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 5 in A Major, K. 219 “Turkish”
- Bernstein: Overture to Candide
Conductor: Long Yu
Zee Zee, Piano
Liu Ming, Violin
Shanghai Symphony Orchestra
Since it was founded over a century ago, the Shanghai Symphony Orchestra has established itself as an international philharmonic and one of the most celebrated in Asia. Gathering worldwide top-level musicians, it gained a reputation as the most authoritative interpreter of Chinese symphonic compositions thanks to its encompassing vision which upholds the city’s inclusive spirit. It was also the first symphony orchestra from China to take the stage at the Carnegie Hall and the Philharmonie Berlin, as well as the first to have been invited to the Lucerne Festival.
Under the baton of music director and renowned conductor Long Yu, the Shanghai Symphony Orchestra joins hands with pianist Zee Zee and violinist Liu Ming to present a remarkable concert. The repertoire includes Mozart’s lilting and uplifting Violin Concerto No. 5 and the bravura Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninoff, interweaving classical vibes with a romantic tone. The alignment is further enriched with Rimsky-Korsakov’s The Tsar’s Bride and Bernstein’s Candide, two compositions evoking life’s blessings and vicissitudes, stirring up emotions in a great finale.
Pre-show Talk: Long Yu and Shanghai Symphony Orchestra
Conference Room, Macao Cultural Centre