35th Macao International Music Festival -Joe Hisaishi 360: Spirited Away
Open for sale through registration and random draw
Registration: From 3pm on 3 September to 8pm on 6 September 2023
Tickets for the “Joe Hisaishi 360” series (including “Joe Hisaishi presents Music Future”, “The Legends” and “Spirited Away”) will be open for sale through registration and random draw. Seating for the programmes will be allocated randomly by computer ballot; interested parties must register through the system from 3pm on 3 September to 8pm on 6 September, and each person can register for a maximum of two tickets per programme. Due to the limited availability of tickets, if the number of registrants exceeds the limit, tickets will be allocated in the sequence of the random draw results, including the first-round successful applicants and the waitlisted applicants. In addition, in order to allow more members of the public to enjoy the programmes of the “Joe Hisaishi 360” series, each person has a chance to draw for one programme only. All registrants have an equal chance of being selected, so there is no need to rush to register.
If tickets are still available after the ticketing periods for the first-round successful applicants and waitlisted applicants, ticket purchase for the remaining tickets will be available simultaneously through the Macau Ticketing Network outlets, telephone and online booking from 10am on 7 October 2023. For details, please refer to the details below.
1. Registration for the random draw:
1.1 Registration period: from 3pm on 3 September to 8pm on 6 September 2023;
1.2 Enter the online registration system:
1.2.1 Website: macauticket.com/JoeHisaishi360
1.2.2 QR code
1.3 Tickets are limited. If the number of registrants exceeds the limit, tickets will be allocated in the sequence of the random draw results. Each person has a chance to draw for one programme only;
1.4 Each identity document number and mobile phone number can only be registered once. Each person can register for a maximum of two tickets per programme. Seating will be allocated randomly by computer ballot;
1.5 The registrant’s name (which must be identical to the name indicated on the identity document), mobile phone number and identity document number (the last four digits or letters) must be provided at the time of registration for the random draw and verification for ticket purchases;
1.6 As mentioned in item 1.3, if the number of registrants exceeds the limit, tickets will be allocated in the sequence of the random draw results. If the registrant is not selected for his/her designated type of ticket price and when there are seats available in other ticket price for the same programme, the random draw system will activate the vacancy filling mechanism. Therefore, registrants can choose whether to be arranged by the system for other type of ticket prices. In addition, each registrant has a chance to draw for one programme only, and those who have registered for more than one programme must indicate the order of preference in case of being selected. The system will make corresponding arrangements based on their preference;
1.7 Successful registrants can check or modify their registration within the registration period and the last record will be taken as final. Modifications beyond this period will not be available and the public is advised to ensure the accuracy of the information provided.
2. Results of the random draw:
2.1 First-round results:
2.1.1 Successful applicants can log into the online registration system to check the first-round results from 3pm on 12 September 2023;
2.1.2 The first-round of successful applicants will receive a SMS notification on 12 September 2023.
2.2 Waiting list results:
2.2.1 If tickets are still available after the first-round ticketing period, the system will allocate tickets for the waitlisted applicants according to the sequence of the random draw results;
2.2.2 Those not selected in the first-round random draw can check the waiting list via the online registration system from 3pm on 23 September 2023;
2.2.3 Successful waitlisted applicants will receive an SMS notification on 23 September 2023.
3. Ticket purchases by successful applicants:
3.1 Ticketing period for first-round successful applicants: from 3pm on 12 September to 11:59pm on 17 September 2023; ticketing period for successful waitlisted applicants: from 3pm on 23 September to 11:59pm on 27 September 2023;
3.2 The SMS notification sent to successful applicants contains a link for ticket purchases, and successful applicants must complete the payment with the information provided upon registration via the link within the specified period; alternatively, they can complete the payment at any of the Macau Ticketing Network outlets by presenting the SMS and the original copy of the identity document used for registration;
3.3 The link can be used for only one transaction and cannot be shared with others. The organiser and the Macau Ticketing Network shall not be held responsible for any loss caused by sharing the link or failing to log in the system and purchase the tickets within the specified period due to failed attempts;
3.4 Those who fail to purchase the tickets within the designated period will be deemed as having forfeited their right of ticket purchase without further notice.
4. Sales arrangements for remaining tickets if any:
4.1 If tickets are still available after the ticketing periods for the first-round successful applicants and waitlisted applicants, ticket purchase for the remaining tickets will be available simultaneously through the Macau Ticketing Network outlets, telephone and online booking from 10am on 7 October 2023;
4.2 According to number 4 of the “Refund arrangements”, if tickets are still available after the refund deadline, the Organiser will successively notify the waitlisted applicants to purchase tickets according to the sequence of the random draw results. Therefore, the arrangements mentioned in number 4.1 will be suspended, ticket purchase for the remaining tickets will be announced in due course. +
Arrangements for admission with identity verification+
1. Successful purchasers will automatically become the “principal ticket holders”;
2. Principal ticket holders must be one of the spectators. All spectators must undergo ticket inspection and will receive a one-time entry permit upon admission:
2.1 Principal holders with only one ticket: the principal ticket holders must present their registered original identify document and ticket for verification from 6pm on the day of the performance at the Macao Cultural Centre and will then receive a one-time entry permit;
2.2 Principal holders with two tickets: the principal ticket holders and their companions must present their registered original identify document and tickets for verification from 6pm on the day of the performance at the Macao Cultural Centre and will then receive a one-time entry permit.
3. If the information of the principal ticket holders is consistent with the information provided in the registration, after verification, all ticket holders will receive a one-time entry permit;
4. Programmes of the “Joe Hisaishi 360” series (including “Joe Hisaishi presents Music Future”, “The Legends” and “Spirited Away”) are expected to open for public admission from 7:30pm. All ticket holders must present their tickets and one-time entry permit simultaneously in order to attend the performances;
5. Any damage on the tickets and one-time entry permit will be deemed invalid. The ticket holders will be denied admission and the tickets will be cancelled and not refunded.
1. All purchased tickets are non-transferable. Change of the programme or of the name of the ticket holder are not allowed;
2. According to the “Arrangements for admission with identity verification” mentioned in Item 2, principal ticket holders must be one of the spectators, principal ticket holders and their companion must undergo ticket inspection and receive a one-time entry permit on the day of the performance, thus:
2.1 The companion of the principal ticket holder who is unable to attend the concert can apply for a refund for one ticket;
2.2 The principal ticket holder who is unable to attend the concert can apply for a refund for two tickets.
3. Ticket holders who are unable to attend the concert may apply for a refund at the Macau Ticketing Network by presenting their intact tickets. The refund periods and amounts are as follows:
3.1 From 21 to 27 September, ticket holders can receive a full refund of the face value of the tickets;
3.2 From 28 September to 13 October, ticket holders can receive a refund of half of the face value of the tickets;
3.3 From 14 October 2023, no refund will be made.
4. If tickets are still available after the refund deadline, the organiser will successively notify the waitlisted applicants to purchase tickets according to the sequence of the random draw results.
+ Arrangement announced on 21 September 2023.
1. Holders of BOC Credit Card or BOC Card, holders of MasterCard, Visa or UnionPay card from ICBC, BNU, Luso International Banking Ltd., BCM Bank, Tai Fung Bank or OCBC Bank, as well as holders of valid full-time Student Card^ or Macao Teacher Card^ can enjoy a 20% discount on ticket purchases;
2. Air Macau customers can enjoy a 20% discount on ticket purchases at the Macau Ticketing Network outlets by presenting their respective boarding pass (flight code NX) within 7 days upon their arrival in Macao;
3. Holders of Macao Senior Citizen Card^ or Disability Assessment Registration Card^ can enjoy a 50% discount on ticket purchases.
^ Each cardholder can only use one discounted ticket per performance. Cardholders are required to present the respective document for admission, otherwise the full ticket fare will be charged.
1. Customers who purchase tickets for the programmes over MOP500 (net price after discounts) are entitled to receive one discount voucher for the exhibition “Visiting the Ruins of St. Paul’s in Space and Time – Exhibition of Virtual Reality at the Ruins of St. Paul’s”* and one “Taste & Music” discount voucher for dining at Sands Resorts Macao;#
2. Customers who purchase tickets for the programmes over MOP1,000 (net price after discounts) are entitled to receive a “buy-1-get-1-free” voucher for Cotai Water Jet ferry tickets;◆
3. Buy more, get more! Vouchers are limited and subject to availability;
4. These offers are only applicable to ticket purchases for the MIMF programmes through the Macau Ticketing Network and subject to relevant terms and conditions;
5. In case of any dispute, the Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macao SAR Government and the entity providing these offers reserve the right of interpretation and final decision.
* Enjoy a “buy-1-get-1-free” offer upon ticket purchase for the exhibition “Visiting the Ruins of St. Paul’s in Space and Time – Exhibition of Virtual Reality at the Ruins of St. Paul’s” by presenting this voucher.
# Enjoy a 15% discount offer at the selected F&B outlets of Sands Resorts Macao by presenting this voucher; relevant terms and conditions apply (please refer to the “Taste & Music” dining voucher for details).
◆ Enjoy the Cotai Water Jet Buy 1 Get 1 Free Ferry Ticket Offer by presenting this voucher; relevant terms and conditions apply (please refer to the “buy-1-get-1-free” voucher for details).
Free transportation to Praça Ferreira Amaral, Avenida de Horta e Costa, Fai Chi Kei and Toi San will be available after every performance at the Macao Cultural Centre.
1. The organiser strongly urges audience members to arrive at the performance venues 10 minutes before the performance;
2. The organiser reserves the right to determine at what time and in what manner latecomers are admitted, and to reject the admission of latecomers or audience members who abandon the performance venue during the performance;
3. Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted to the programmes. The organiser reserves the right to request and to examine the valid ID to determine his or her age, and to deny admission to any persons when proof of minimum age cannot be provided;
4. All mobile phones, beeping and lighting devices should be switched off throughout the performances;
5. Smoking, eating, drinking or the possession of plastic bags and/or objects considered dangerous is prohibited in the performance venues;
6. To avoid undue disturbance to the performers and audience members, camera and recording devices are strictly prohibited unless expressly authorised by the organiser;
7. The tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the original price or used for any promotional or commercial purposes. In case of any violations, the tickets will be cancelled without any refund and the ticket holder will be denied admission;
8. The organiser reserves the right to change the programme, the cast of performers, the performing date or time and the seats at any time;
9. In case of inclement weather conditions, please check the Cultural Affairs Bureau’s website, the Macao International Music Festival website and the respective page on Facebook for the latest updates;
10. The Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macao SAR Government reserves the right of interpretation and final decision of any disputes on these terms.
71-B, Av. do Conselheiro Ferreira de Almeida, G/F
108, Rua de Francisco Xavier Pereira, Palácio Bldg, G/F (Next to Café de Coral)
176-186, Av. Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, D. Julieta Bldg, G/F
267, Av. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen, Lei Man Bldg, G/F F, Taipa
Macao Cultural Centre, Av. Xian Xing Hai, G/F
Ticketing Hotlines and Websites
Macao: (853) 2855 5555
Hong Kong: (852) 2380 5083
Mainland China: (86) 139 269 11111
Online Ticketing: www.macauticket.com
Telephone: (853) 8399 6699 (during office hours)
- v. Beethoven: Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, op. 67
- Hisaishi: DA-MA-SHI-E
- Hisaishi: Spirited Away Suite
Conductor: Joe Hisaishi
Japan Century Symphony Orchestra
Over the years, Joe Hisaishi has created numerous popular film scores that became familiar, all-time delights for the ears. The maestro partners with the Japan Century Symphony Orchestra and the Macao Orchestra to present the Spirited Away Suite, a score he wrote for Hayao Miyazaki’s renowned animated feature, inviting music aficionados into a mysterious, magic world to experience or recall each and every moment of emotion in the film.
Hisaishi has a passion for minimal music, which progresses through seemingly repeating melodies with subtle variations. This concert will feature his early minimal piece DA-MA-SHI-E, and will, once again, include an interpretation of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5, a touching piece that will let melody lovers immerse themselves into the glamour of the maestro’s work.